Monday, August 14, 2017

“Transphobic,” “You didn’t have to” and “dog whistle.”

What do those three phrases have in common? 

They are three of the most ridiculously over-used phrases in order to accuse someone of saying (or writing) something discriminatory/racist/sexist/bigoted/whatever, even if the person never had any intention of doing so.  When people use there it is one way of making it hard to have a rational discussion or debate about….. anything, really.

I’ll use real-life examples to illustrate where I am coming from…

---

Transphobic.

I already aired my feelings about gender dysphoria on a previous blog, so I’m not going to get into that here.  But really, unless a person is an author of one of those “bathroom laws,” I seriously doubt that anyone is actually “transphobic.”  The definition of a phobia is an irrational fear of something.  I don’t think anyone save for those bathroom law people actually fear transgender people. 

I’ll give a recent example.  I made a comment that it’s stupid how transgender “women” who have not yet had the reassignment surgery call heterosexual men “bigoted” or “discriminatory” for not wanting to date them.  The person I was talking to said, “how so?”  I said, “Because a transgender woman who’s pre-surgery is basically a man wearing makeup and a dress who’s pumped full of hormones, I wouldn’t want to go out with one of them either!”

Yep, you guessed it.  I got called transphobic. :/  I said “I don’t have a fear of them, I just wouldn’t date one that’s pre-surgery and still has a dick!”  That should be enough IMO.

---

You didn’t have to.

This is a phrase used when someone wants to accuse you a making a veiled statement aimed at a certain person or group disguised as a benign comment.  Problem is, too many people use it to accuse others of making veiled statements when it was not their intention at all. 

I’ll give a recent example.  I was explaining to someone why a person would choose Parkland (FL) as a place to live.  I said, “People tolerate the high real estate prices and property taxes to live there because Parkland has extremely low crime rate, unlike say Opa-Locka (FL) where you pretty much need to wear a bulletproof vest to take the trash out.” 

Someone heard me and said, “That’s discrimination.” 

I asked, “how is it discrimination when I didn’t mention race?”

Person says…. you guessed it, “You didn’t have to.” 

So I guess you cannot even have a rational discussion about crime rates between cities anymore without someone accusing you of making a veiled racist comment.  Real nice huh?

---

Dog Whistle.

This is the “top definition” of a dog whistle from the Urban Dictionary: “Dog whistle is a type of strategy of communication that sends a message that the general population will take a certain meaning from, but a certain group that is ‘in the know’ will take away the secret, intended message.” 

Like the phrase “You didn’t have to,” too many people nowadays use it to accuse others of making veiled statements when it was not their intention at all. 

I’ll give a recent example.  I was telling someone how a friend of mine, when her daughter was a teenager would refuse to allow her to go to the Coral Square Mall after 5PM because that’s the time when “gangs of seedy looking punks” would start to congregate outside.

His response?  “Tell you friend that is so fucking racist!”

When I said I clearly didn’t mention race, he said “That right there is a fucking dog whistle man!”

I was stumped because at the time, the only “dog whistle” I knew was the, well, actual dog whistles that you use on dogs. 

Let’s just say that I’m a grown man in my 30’s and even I refuse to go to that mall after 5PM, but I guess to some people you’re automatically talking about “minorities” when you say “gangs of seedy looking punks.”  Which is odd because the racial markup of Coral Springs (Home of that mail) is still majority Caucasian.

---

Now for the rebuttals:

Calling a pre-op transgender woman “a man wearing makeup and a dress pumped full of hormones” is indeed transphobic.  What, so in order to be considered a “woman” to you, she has to have the reassignment surgery?

It’s not transphobic, it’s the TRUTH!  Don’t like it, go hide in your safe space!  To answer your second question, YES!  That’s all I’m going to say, if you don’t like it too fucking bad.  I’ll repeat it again: One cannot be transphobic if he or she does not fear transgender people.  Refusing to date a trans person who still has their reproductive organs from their “former” body is not, I repeat NOT transphobic.

Don’t want to be accused of making a thinly veiled racist comment?  Don’t use a city that is majority African-American in your “crime-rate comparison.”

Racial markup has nothing to do with it and that is the problem with “you didn’t have to.”  I could compare Parkland to a  high-crime city with a majority white population like Palm Beach Gardens and some idiot will accuse me of calling the people of PBG “white trailer trash.”  So it’s a no-win situation that stifles comparative discussion.

When people say “gangs of seedy looking punks” they are almost always talking about minorities.  Don’t want people to accuse you of making a dog whistle?  Don’t make a statement like that. 

So a seedy looking punk can’t be Caucasian?  What planet are you from?  Just so you know, I talked to someone about Chicago's gun problem.  I made the statement, “Chicago doesn’t have a gun problem because of the gun control laws, they have a gun problem because of all the street gangs where even the cops are afraid to venture into some of those areas!”  Yes, I got accused of making a dog whistle.  Yes, this is why we can’t have a rational debate on this kind of stuff.

---

Conclusion…

These phrases (along with others) are the reasons why people have to walk on eggshells or not have any sort of discussion on various issues because the people brainwashed by the PC-brigade will accuse them of being discriminatory/racist/sexist/bigoted/whatever.  In fact these phrases don’t even have to be mentioned they’ll just accuse you of being one of those things.

Here are some:

Saying “people on welfare” is somehow racist, it’s now “individuals on public assistance.”  News stations are actually saying this now, which incredibly stupid. 

Saying a job should promote and/or hire based on merit and qualifications rather than gender is somehow “sexist” now and calling companies out for it can actually get you fired.

Saying a woman in Israel can freely wear a sleeveless tank top without having to worry about being murdered in an “honor killing” unlike the neighboring countries is somehow “bigoted” and “islamaphobic.”

Owning a piece of property and refusing to rent to people on section 8 based on prior experience is “racist” (Even though the majority of people on it are Caucasian).

A person wants to know why you spent $100K more on a house in area B than a house in area A, you tell him that it’s in a much better location, he tells you “That’s a dog whistle.”

To extend on that, I told someone if money was not an issue and I wanted to stay in Broward County I would only move to one place: Parkland.  Somehow, despite not mentioning race this was somehow “racially motivated.”

A fashion blogger can write, “Like it or not some types of clothing do not look good or look ridiculous on certain body types” and she’ll be accused of “body shaming” and “fat shaming” without ever mentioning weight or size, not to mention “sexist” even though she’s a woman herself.

I once knew someone whose parents lived near Monsey, NY where I used to live.  He told me that his father was in sales (Don’t remember exactly what) and he hated dealing with the people there because “getting people to spend over the bare minimum was like pulling teeth” and “they were always trying to barter.”  I told a family member of mine this and he blatantly accused this guy’s father of being an anti-Semite, despite never mentioning any religion (For those that don’t know Monsey has a predominantly Hasidic Jewish population but other people live there as well).

In closing…. 

As you can tell, because the PC-brigade has pretty much brainwashed people into thinking that everything nowadays is somehow discriminatory/racist/sexist/bigoted/whatever you are pretty much rendered silent to avoid being accused of such.  It it something that our forefathers never imagined when the drafted the 1st amendment. 

And I’m out….














No comments:

Post a Comment